Monday, June 30, 2008

My Little Mermaids

This week since I had a couple of vacation days to use, we decided to take the kids to a water park. Let me tell you it went over with a huge splash:0) The girls were in sensory overload for the first half hour we were there. If you did not already know, Angelman children are very , very ,very fascinated by water. The picture above is of Becca , Kayla ,and I in the wave pool. I am not sure what was harder, keeping the three of us upright or trying to keep the girls from trying to drink the pool dry. I know for a fact I had as much if not more fun than they did.
This is Becca and I on one of the smaller water slides. We only made a couple dozen trips down the slide before I had to cut her off. To be honest I was having a lot of fun ,but I don't think my trunks could bury themselves any farther up my backside at that point. There were some larger slides at the park, but the girls were a little bit too small to ride them. The fact that I do not "love" heights kept me from trying to talk the attendants in to making an exception.

All in all, the day went way better than expected. The girls had a ton of fun, Luke and Maddie got to run wild,and Cindy and I got some much needed sun!! I am so glad we decided to go, I am not sure how many things like this Becca has ever done before. I know Kayla has experienced a lot of this kind of stuff, but if I didn't know better, the way Becca reacted, I would have thought this was her first time. It felt great splashing around the park with my two little mermaids. The skies were blue, the water was cold, and it was in the mid 80's , what a PERFECT day!! It is a memory I will cherish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So Perfectly awesome!!!! Love it! Those are great photos and so glad you all had a wonderful time!

Stacie said...

Your blog post has me grinning from ear to ear Jason..the girls look and sounded like they had a blast!!

We have 2 waterparks within a 35 minute drive from us and I've thought about taking all the kids...but just haven't made the leap yet. Reading your post makes me want to throw bathing suits on all of us and take the plunge!

Your family is such an inspiration, in so many ways!

Stacie, mom to Kaleb (12), Zackary, del + (8) and Jacob (4)