Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shh

It has been quite a while since I have had the chance to "sit down" and update my blog. Luke and I spent the night at my parents house....just goofing off watching t.v........before I knew it , it was really late and I was too tired to drive home. This morning I sit here with my cup of coffee a, and their house is SO quiet. I am not used to this much silence and calmness. Don't get me wrong I love my house and the life we have, but it usually isn't very quiet there. A normal Sunday at home consists of at least one t.v. on, Kayla barging in and out of rooms unannounced, Becca walking around with her little mp3 player changing the songs every 10-15 seconds, Luke and Maddie either playing and laughing very loudly or picking at each other just a little bit louder! Cindy is usually in the kitchen cooking up a storm to fill all of our bellies, the phone rings at least 2-3 times by 10 o'clock, the dogs need to be taken out and fed. These are sounds that I have come to expect and love, sometimes I wonder how does Cindy get anything done with all the distraction. I know it takes me half the morning just to get a few free minutes to check my e-mail. Down here at Mom and Dad's, the phone hasn't rang, the t.v.'s are all off, Luke is still asleep and except for the clicking of my computer keys when I type, the only thing you here is the very quiet ticking of mom's clock. It is very peaceful and relaxing to say the least. I think many peoples lives are that way. You get up go to work , hurry home and try to cram in as much time as you can with your kids and spouse before it is time to go to bed . the weekends are another "monster" all together. You have 24-48 hours to try to enjoy your family without the worries of work, your commute, getting everybody ready and off to school, running kids too and from practice, making dinner, helping with homework, making sure everyone is "clean" for the next school day, and then trying to get them all in bed asleep at a decent time. You add into that the extra care the little ones need with meds and changings and feedings............ It starts to sounds very draining and monotonous.....................................especially as I sit "here" in complete silence. Thank GOD I have such an awesome wife!!! Cindy does most of these things everyday with rarely a complaint. Now on the other hand I can't find my Harley keys and my shoes at the same time without it being a dilemma. Well , I here Luke getting up.........there goes the silence :0)

No comments: