Monday, January 12, 2009

No pain NO gain

Now that I have "eaten" my way through the holidays. I have come to the realization that I need some help in the "shape" department. I was able to look at some pictures of past Christmas's..........and I noticed that I was "growing" from year to year. Now I knew my pants were a little tighter lately , but I never had to worry about it before. Now I have to do something. Last week I joined a gym for the first time. Now let me tell you it was an eye opener. The next day every part of me hurt!!!! I thought all the years of chasing the kids around and being involved in the outdoors would keep me in shape. I was wrong!!!!! To be truthful , it felt good after the second day and I now "kinda" like going to the gym. I know I have to get back into shape, the girls aren't going to slow down at all, and I have to make sure that I stay as healthy as I can for their sake. I have gone every night since joining, either with Luke or Cindy. Cindy usually goes in the mornings after the kids are off to school if she has no other appointments. Luke and I have gone together for the past few nights ......it gives us a little "MAN" time together, Lord knows we need it sometimes!! We are seriously outnumbered at home. It also doesn't hurt to get him away from the t.v. and x-box for a while....................It is getting to be that time. I have to go get changed and go work out.....................and by the way ......the elliptical machines are pure EVIL :0) Oh well No pain No gain!!!

No comments: